Friday, May 17, 2019

Exploring Zimbabwe - Architecture















Zimbabwe architecture is just amazing. I love their buildings, and it’s sometimes hard to tell if they are old buildings that have been well maintained or if they are new. I like how a good number of the buildings are built with bricks. The western influence in the architecture is a pleasing sight to see. While walking towards the National Art Museum from EastGate, we walked through a garden that was clean and well kept. Some of the water fountains were not functioning, but the overall sight was calming.





A lot of people were at the park, I can’t assume what they were doing, but we saw a few people that were doing photography business, some were taking their meals.  The trees at the park were interesting as well. Of course not all parts of Zim were breathtaking, some parts were like most African countries are, a bit run down and deserted. Going to a somewhat rural place like Masvingo and the architecture still being pleasing to see was mind blowing to me. Unfortunately, I had not seen a single shop selling construction materials, I am guessing maybe they have specific locations for such businesses.










I have been to some other parts of Africa before but I never felt like It’s a place I would want to live for a long time, however in Zimbabwe, I would not mind living here for a while. The weather is so good, it reminds me of Arusha. The houses, oh man, they are huge. They have so much land and the houses are just huge. We got to stay with two couch surfers and both their houses were amazing. One was medium size and very cosy. The other was large, spacious, has a pool, a large garden, a big parking garage. The calmness of this place is what we all need. If I had funds, I would get into real estate in Tanzania and Zimbabwe. The African dream, African safari.




1 comment:

  1. C'Mon

    All nice images above, are you saying there are no Kibera townships in ol' Zim?

    ReplyDelete