Thursday, May 30, 2019

Exploring Zimbabwe - Food


Another thing I noticed while in Zim is the shortage of food options, this included fruits as well. The  fruits that were predominantly available on every corner of the street were bananas and avocados. However, we did come across more options in the supermarket (perhaps they were imported).




I like how their supermarkets served cooked food - buffet style, I guess they are not in shortage of food preparation equipment. It was very convenient for us since we mostly ate when we were already hungry. If we had to be at a restaurant and order food and wait for it to be served 10 to 15 minutes later, it would have been so stressful. We ate supermarket food for the most part of our trip and we did not fall sick. The options were not as many as there are in Tanzania but we survived. My favorite dish was Sadza (Ugali). 


BBQ section at the supermarket

The one thing that disappointed me was the lack of small bottles of Amarulas. We hunted for those babies in every supermarket we went to, but to no avail. That was very disappointing. Living the African dream, African Safari.





1 comment:

  1. Hello There, I would like to said that your blog was really good, and besides It help and inspire me that’s why I’m very overwhelmed everytime i read your blogs and also i always think of you everytime i read such a content like yours. And also, if you all guys in need or interested to laundry service delivery Singapore services free to visit us and check out our latest promos. Hurry up and don’t missed it.

    ReplyDelete