This is exactly what you think it is, another cliche of a title. But wait, there is a catch. You see, sometimes what doesn’t kill you makes you wiser. December was one of those holiday seasons when I got to have a very slow two weeks. I struggled when my life slowed down. It felt odd being so busy, then all of a sudden everything slowed down.
To slow down, I worked on my arts and crafts. I made handmade earrings, bracelets, and I made a box from scratch. It was a good me-time that I needed.
Come January, I had a work trip that I needed very much. Traveling to different parts of Tanzania before delving into the busy-bee work life.
It took me falling ill for me to slow down again. My body knew I needed the break, but I cared about my work more. My body chose to say no. I felt like my body was defeating me, but little did I know, my body was telling me to slow down.
So eventually, I listened. I worked from home, I allowed myself to have afternoon naps. I allowed my cousin to take care of me. I agreed to drink soups and whatever healthy meal I was advised to so that I can feel better.
This is when I realized, even though I hated staying home, taking naps in the afternoon, or even eating healthy. I need all that for the next chapter of my life.
My body told me to slow down, because I kept pushing. My body was telling me it’s okay to slow things down, overworking doesn’t mean more happiness, more money or more joy. I am glad I listened to my body and I am now stronger because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment