Friday, November 27, 2015
This is so so inspiring: Malachi 3:3 says: 'He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.' This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study. That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining Silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities. The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: 'He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver'. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, 'How do you know when the silver is fully refined?' He smiled at her and answered,'Oh, that's easy --"when I see my image in it!!!' If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you!
Monday, November 23, 2015
You don't have to force it. What is truly yours would definitely come to you. Do your best and leave the rest to the higher force controlling the world. What you know are the things you can see and comprehend. The things you don't know and can't see are unlimited.
Sometimes things get out of hand and you feel like life is going down. Sometimes you just can not make things work and you feel you are on a wrong path. Nothing good come easy so brace yourself up for the storm you must sail through to get there. The bigger what you chase the stronger the challenge you would face. Tough time never last but tough people do.
Winners never give up. They just stay up and focused till they hit the goal. We are in a world wide race and just need to form alliance with right people moving in our direction; with the same or even better stronger zeal. The energy we carry and field of energy around us go a long way determining how fast we get there. So stop doubting and start taking more bold actions. Identify your distractions and keep them faraway. Believe in yourself and believe in God. Everything would work out for good in the best timing.
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Hey'all, i hope you are all doing well.
I watched Joh Makini's latest music video (Don't Bother featuring AKA) last week and like a crazy fan i ended up sharing it with my other Joh Makini fan - friend who, unlike me, was busy watching that same video over and over again. And i said to myself it would be so unfair to just post this video alone on this blog. So, i have decided to make this a Joh Makini weekend, i will share some of Joh Makini's songs / videos (whether his or he was featured in them) coz honestly, he is unstoppable.
Friday, November 20, 2015
Just saw this nice story with a wonderful lesson and thought to share it with u all.
An aging King realized that if he died he has no one to take over the throne. He decided to adopt a son.
He launched a competition and 10 boys made it to the top. The King said to them, "I have one last test and whoever comes top will become my adopted son and heir to my throne".
He gave each boy a seed of corn and told them to take the seed home, plant and nurture it for 3 weeks. The 10 boys took their seeds and ran home to plant their seeds.
In one home, the boy and his parents were sad when the seed failed to sprout. The boy had done everything but he failed.
His friends advised him to buy a seed and plant it but his God fearing parents who had always taught him honesty refused.
The day came and the 10 boys went to the palace. All the 9 boys were successful.
The King went to each boy asking – “Is that what came out of the seed I gave you?" And each boy said "Yes, your majesty". The King would nod and move down the line until the last boy in the line who was shaking with fear.
The King asked him - "What did you do with the seed I gave you?" The boy said "I planted it and cared for it your majesty but it failed to sprout." The King went to the throne with the boy and said, "I gave these boys boiled seeds and a boiled seed cannot sprout.
If a King must have one quality, it must be honesty and only this boy passed the test.” We live in a society where people will do anything for success.
God sometimes does not give us things because He wants to teach us a lesson.
How many people out there have achieved success the wrong way? How many people send their children to expensive schools and build houses, buy expensive cars with stolen money?
How many people are occupying top positions yet they stole the certificates? How many people are successful out there at all costs?
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE CROWNED AS KINGS IN HEAVEN FOR BEING FAITHFUL UNTIL THE END? I PRAY THAT I BE FAITHFUL TILL THE END!!!
Please be faithful to God no matter what life throws at you, even if life gives you boiled seed.
I hope you can spare me your precious time to send this to ten people to be faithful in their Christian life.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Monday, November 9, 2015
Friday, November 6, 2015
3 Pieces of Advice vs 20 Years of Salary"
A very poor newly wedded, young couple lived in a small farm. One day the husband made the following proposal to
- Honey, I will leave the house: I will travel faraway, get a job and work hard in order to come back and give you the comfortable life that you deserve. I do not know how long I will stay away, I only ask one thing, please wait for me, and while I am away, you should be faithful to me, because I will be faithful to you. So the young man left. He walked many days until he found a farmer who was in need of someone to help him. The young man offered his services. He was accepted. Therefore he discussed the terms with his boss:
- Let me work for as long as I want and when I think I should go home, please relieve me of my duties. I do not want to receive my salary. I ask you to save it for me, until the day I leave. The day I decide to go, please give me the money and I will go my way.
They agreed on that. So, the young man worked for twenty years without holiday and without rest. After twenty years, he came to his boss and said:
- Boss, I want my money, because I am returning to my home. The boss replied:
- All right, after all, I made a deal with you and I will stick to it. However, before you go I want to offer you something new: I will give you all your money and send you away; or I will give you 3 pieces of advice and send you away. If I give
you the money, I do not give you the 3 pieces of advice. And if I give you the 3 pieces of advice, I will not give you the money. Now, go to your room and think about your answer. He thought for two days. Then he went to the boss and told
- I want the 3 pieces of advice.
The boss stressed again:
- If I give you the 3 pieces of advice, I will not give you the money.
And the man replied:
- I want the 3 pieces of advice.
The boss then told him:
- No. 1: Never take shortcuts in your life, shorter and unknown paths can cost your life.
- No. 2: Never be too curious, for curiosity towards evil can be deadly.
- No. 3: Never make decisions in moments of anger or pain, because when you repent, it could be too late.
After giving these 3 pieces of advice, the boss said to him:
- Here, you have 3 loaves of bread, 2 are for you to eat during the journey and the last is for you to eat with your wife when you get home. So, the man went his way, after twenty years away from home and from his wife, whom he loved so much.
After the first day of travel, he found a man who greeted him and asked:
- Where are you going?
- To a distant place which is about 20 days away if I continue walking.
The man said to him:
- Ol' boy, this path is too long! I know a shortcut that is very safe and you will arrive in 5 days only. The man began to follow the path suggested until he remembered the first piece of advice. Then, he returned and followed the long path. Days later he learned that the
shortcut led to an ambush. After a few more days of travel, he found an inn by the roadside, where he could rest. He paid for a room and after taking a bath he lay down to sleep. During the night he woke up as he heard a terrifying
scream. He rose to his feet and went to the door to check what happened. As he was opening the door, he remembered the second piece of advice. Therefore he returned, lay down again and slept. At dawn, after breakfast, the owner of the lodging asked him if he had not heard the scream at night. He affirmed that he heard.
Then, the host said:
- Were you not curious to see what happened?
And he replied:
- No, I was not.
Then the host said:
- You are the first guest to leave this inn alive. My neighbour is completely crazy. He usually shouts at night to call someone’s attention. When some of the guests come out, he kills them and buries their bodies in the backyard.
The man continued his long journey, eager to arrive soon. After many days and nights walking, he was very tired, but he finally saw his house far away. It was night. He saw some light coming out of the window of his house and was able to see the silhouette of his wife. But he also saw that she was not alone. He came closer and saw there was a man with her. She softly caressed his hair. When he saw that scene, his heart was filled with hatred and
bitterness. He decided to rush at and kill them both mercilessly. However, he took a deep breath and he remembered the third piece of advice. Then he stopped, reflected and decided to sleep outside that night. He slept in the midst of the bushes, determined to make a decision the next day. At dawn, he was calmer and
- I will not kill my wife and her lover. I am going back to my boss to ask him to take me back. But before I go, I want to tell my wife that I have always been faithful to her. He went to the front door and knocked. When his wife opened the door and recognized him, she cried and embraced him warmly. He tried to push her away, but he was not able. Then, with tears in his eyes he told her:
- I was faithful to you but you betrayed me.
She was shocked, so she replied:
- How did I betray you? I have never betrayed you. I waited patiently for you for twenty good years.
Then he asked:
- How about the man that you were caressing yesterday?
And she said:
- That man is your son. When you left, I discovered I was pregnant. Today he is twenty years old. Hearing that, the man asked her forgiveness. He met and hugged his son. Then he told them all the things he had experienced while away. Meanwhile, his wife prepared some
coffee for them to eat together, the last bread given by his boss. After a prayer of thanksgiving, he broke the bread. When he
looked at it, he found all his money inside. In fact, there was even more than the right payment for his twenty years of dedication and hard work.
Friends, our God is like this boss. When he asks us to make a sacrifice, he wants to give us more than what we give Him. He wants us to have His unique wisdom as well as the material blessings.
Thursday, November 5, 2015
KAMA WEWE NDIO BABA AU MAMA WA NYUMBA HII UTAMFANYA NINI HOUSE BOY?
Bakari ni house boy mara nyingi huiba wine ya boss wake na kisha kuongeza maji kwenye chupa ili boss asigundue. Mara kadhaa boss alihisi ladha tofauti anapokunywa wine hivyo kuhisi kuna mchezo mchafu alihisi tu Bakari anahusika. Ilikua ni bahati tu alimvizia na kumbamba Bakari akichakachua wine, kwa kuwa mkewe alikua anamtetea Bakari, ili kumthibitishia mkewe kuwa Bakari ndo culprit,
boss alianza kwa kumuuliza Bakari maswali. Siku hiyo Bakari alikua jikoni,boss na mkewe walikua sebuleni.
Bakari:- Naam baba!
Boss:- Nani anakunywa wine yangu?
Bakari:- Kimyaaaa hajibu kitu! Boss:- Bakariiiii !
Bakari:- naam baba! Boss:- nauliza nani anakunywa wine yangu halafu anajazia majiii!
Boss akaamua amfuate hukohuko jikoni.
Boss: Kwanini nikikuita unaitikia, nikikuuliza unanyamaza?
Bakari: Baba huku jikoni ndo kulivyo, unasikia jina tu likiitwa lakini maneno menginehusikii, na kama huamini baki jikoni mi niende sebuleni.
Bakari akaenda sebuleni akaanza kuita.
Boss: Naam Bakari!
Bakari: Saa sita usiku huwa unaenda kufanya nini chumba cha house girl?
Bakari:- Baba babaa!
Boss:- Ndio Bakari!
Bakari:- Nauliza hivii, chumbani kwa house girl saa sita za usiku huwa wafuata nini?
Boss akatoka nje: Bakari huku jikoni ni kweli husikii kitu zaidi ya jina!.
Mama akasema msinizingue nyie...Mbona siwaelewi..
Bakar: mama kama uamini na ww nenda uone.
Mama akaenda jikoni..
Bakari: akaita mamaa
Mama : bee bakari
Bakari: eti hiyo mimba niya baba au yangu.?
Bakari; mama nakauliza tena hiyo mimba niyababa au yangu.
Mama akatoka aisee kweli humu unasikia jina tu.
Monday, November 2, 2015
You get what you ask for. What you believe makes who you become. What you accept and allow are the things you find around you. Where you are now is a distance you covered. The world is driven by science and the spiritual. There's need for action for equal reaction. For geometric reactions you have to cross some targeted multiple right actions.
You can't expect a million worth result for a thousand value of work. The world is driven by ground rules you can't tamper with. If you follow due processes you can get almost anything and anywhere. If you do what you need to do, you would one day get what's deserved.
You can't cheat nature, neither can nature rob you of what it gave you. When it comes naturally, you get the best value at the right time. Act quickly but don't rush your moves. Take more actions and talk less. Do your best always and leave the rest to God. You're limitless so open your heart and sour high like a rocket...