Thursday, May 16, 2019

Check out Seedspace while in Dar


I am back in my heat city a.k.a Dar and I am not complaining at all. 10 days of backpacking in Zimbabwe was a great experience. As much as the Mzungu conversation therapy that Kaka started on me in 2010 is still in the process, I must say, hiking is not a bad experience at all (except when I thought my lungs were going to fail me). 


Being gone for a year has shown me how a city can change so much. I woke up today with one goal in mind, getting some work done and I needed to be away from home in order for things to actually get done (being still for an hour or two staring at my laptop and hoping things will actually get done), a friend suggested I check out a new place (not really new after all), it's called Seedspace located at the Tanzanite Park building along new Bagamoyo road after Victoria Gas station. 


I walked in, saw a good number of people busy on their laptops and some seemed to be having small meetings. I didn't want to be one of those people that crashes to a new place, uses free WiFi and bounce, so I asked around and one nice lady took me to the person in charge, a very well versed TZ guy named Innocent. 


A simple, "how does this place work" turned into a grand tour of the entire Seedspace co-working and co-living space, as well as the upcoming restaurant and training space. I am so impressed. first of all, the person that came up with this idea is a genius. I never would have thought of such an idea.



The co-working space is a good concept especially for startups and entrepreneurs, but you need to check out the co-living space. I was blown away by what they are offering and for the price they are offering it for. 


The co-living space currently goes for US $45 per room, which is a twin bed, has a two-seater chair, a coffee table, a TV, a spacious bathroom and a nice little kitchen with utensils and cookware. The co-living space allows up to two people a room (YES MY FELLOW BACKPACKERS, THAT'S $22.5 EACH). The co-living space offers a nice spacious living room and allows for interaction with a pool table on a side and a soon to be installed play station. I love the decor. I am super impressed about this because once you pay $45 you get access to the co-living space, with free WiFi, laundry, gym on the 8th floor and swimming pool. And I shall not forget to mention the view of the city, this place is to die for. I know backpacking hostels and dorm rooms are cheaper but there is no way you would want to miss staying at this place especially if you are going to pay $22.5 and share a room with a co-traveler you've met on your way to Dar (wink).







I am super impressed that I had to write about the Seedspace while my excitement is still high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment