Thursday, February 7, 2019

The world right now

Hey y'all,

So I recently had a meeting with lovely lady who opened my eyes to things that I would not have heard of from my everyday crowd. However, when it comes to politics, I choose to keep my mind pure and let the conspiracies be, and I say conspiracy because what I do not know to be true or false is as good as a conspiracy (sometimes). She went ahead and told me that in the State of California, children in kindergarten and elementary will be taught that there are 15 genders and not just 2. I thought she was joking (and mostly because I have not been reading the news lately). She then sent me a link of the story and I was speechless. When I was little and during Sunday school, the Catholic books that I read and was taught with mentioned two genders and two alone, the male gender and the female gender. I mean, isn't gender meant to be either one or the other? I do not speak of sexual preference here. I mean, there are men and there are women. People have opted to be of the opposite gender, but does that not mean they stop being either male, and choose to be identified as female, or vice versa. Is it possible for people to be identified as both genders even though they may have parts that identify to both genders? Do they not choose to be either one or the other based on who they believe they are meant to be? I am quite confused when they say there are multiple genders. I can understand teaching about people choosing to change their gender and having certain sexual preferences. But having an entire list of genders, I don't know what to think about that. 

Below is a link to the article, to feed your curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment