Tuesday, March 6, 2012

MY NAME IS PRIDE. I am a CHEATER.

I read this and i was like wooow..this is soo true. I sometimes fail to draw the line between "this is good for me" and "i deserve better than this". Coz i keep wondering if what is right in front of me is IT, or NOT. and when these doubts arise, i give room for pride and everything else unnecessary to take over me. Shame ain't it?


                                                                                                                                MY NAME IS PRIDE. I am a Cheater.
 I cheat you of your God-given destiny…
because YOU demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment…
because YOU “deserve better than this.”
I cheat you of knowledge…
because YOU already know it all.
I cheat you of healing…
because YOU are too full of you to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness…
because YOU refuse to admit when you are wrong.
I cheat you of vision…
because You’d rather look in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship…
because nobody’s going to know THE REAL YOU.
I cheat you of love…
because real romance demands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven…
because YOU refuse to wash another’s feet on earth.
I cheat you of God’s glory…
because I convinced you to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a Cheater.
You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you.
UNTRUE.
I’m looking to make a FOOL of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don’t worry…
If you stick with me you’ll never know.
~By Beth Moore~

No comments:

Post a Comment