Monday, February 10, 2020

I am inspired

Hey y'all,


Have you ever watched a movie and felt some type of emotion, and watch it again in a few years and still feel the same way? That happened to me today, I remember watching the famous "La Bamba" movie back in the 90's as a kid and I cried my eyes out at the end. It was a very emotional and heart felt movie. I got to know the La Bamba song because of that movie, and I have never sang any other version of that song except for Ritchie Valens' version. I came across the movie on Netflix and decided to watch it again, except this time, I cried from the beginning to the end. I cried because I already know what was going to happen, but I also cried when I heard all those songs again, I didn't think I would still remember them, and the fact that it was based on a true story of a young boy, who at 17 changed the face of music and the lives of many.

This movie has reminded me of what we need to do in life - live a legacy. Do something that will cause generations to come not only remember you, but also inspire to be the best they can be, because you showed them it's possible. 

After watching the movie, I went on google and did a little research on Ritchie Valens. According to Wikipedia, he enjoyed his recording career for 8 months before he died at the age of 17 years old. I am yet reminded that you don't have to live 50 years to make an impact, that is what I learned from this film. 

Know what you want and work on it from a very young age. According to Wikipedia, Ritchie Valens worked on his music from the age of 5 years old. By the time he became famous for his music, he was already perfect in his craft. This movie as well as the lives of many talented legends (dead or alive) reminds me that preparation is key. Perfect your craft at every chance you get because one day preparation will meet opportunity and success will be yours. 

Have a blessed and inspired week my lovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment