Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My favourite singers when I was a teen.

Hey,

Something reminded me of my childhood - teen life, and i remembered my favourite singers, you know, the ones that i'd listen to when i was either in a happy or bad mood. Well my childhood-teenage favourite singers were a girl band "Spice girls" and a solo artist "Britney Spears".

I remember singing to spice girls songs with my best friend Erica, she liked them and she had post cards of them..life was a blast. I was such a spice girl nerd that i borrowed VHS tapes from this library in Arusha, and watched their movies and live performances. These ladies were awesome, just listening to their songs and singing along to them was the best part of being ME.


 And then came the Britney Spears "ERA"..I was a hardcore fan of Britney like MAD. I had all her albums (back then we had tapes..and CDs were expensive so tapes were cheaper and i had a tape walkman. My addiction to Britney's songs went as far as me getting a CD of her "My Prerogative" album from my crazy friend Coslas, on my 18th b'day. Man i was a huge fan...I had to see every video she released, and her movie "crossroads", I had to have it in my collection so I bought it instead of just renting it from the library. All in all i was a big fan till now..I like her new album Femme Fatale but am not that into it as i was in her previous albums. I guess am growing up and maybe i'll start being a crazy fan of another artist..lets wait and see.













































1 comment: