Monday, March 2, 2020

The Power of Positive Focus

Google.com
How often do we wake up with the saying "it's a good day to be alive" regardless of the troubles we are going through? How often do we sit back and count our blessings? I know this sounds like a cliche, but based on what I have been experiencing lately, I must say that it works. 

I was listening to Joel Osteen and we all know he is all about positive affirmation of the word of God in our lives and situations. But that's not what I am focusing on today. My focus today is about the power of distracting the negative pattern of mindset. Going through a tough time can easily cause us to forget the blessings God has given us. It's easy to see a coin and unsee the sun when we hold a coin close to our eye and block the sun. I hate being sad, and feel sorry for myself. I hate feeling hopeless. And this time around, I am experiencing something that I experienced over 10 years ago. 

The fact that I went through this before doesn't make things any better, it just made me realize that I went through hell and somehow God gave me rest, somehow God turned things around. So, in this too I shall have rest. I tell myself "this too shall pass". I tell myself, this is a phase and I shall not let it take away my happiness. I tell myself, worrying won't change or solve anything but drain my energy, make me unhappy and put a dark cloud around me that will change my speech and cause those around me to be sad as well. And so, I choose to affirm "it's a good day to be alive" and I tune my mind to all the wonderful things that can happen to me today. I allow my mind to wonder in all the right places while I affirm God's promises to me. For the months of February and March my Bible verse has been Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Have a wonderful First week of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment