Saturday, October 19, 2019

What are you learning about this year?

Image from exit promise
For one of my school projects I decided to write about finances and I had to choose my own topics to research and write about. One of them includes financial institutions. I have to learn about bank fees charged by commercial banks and the types of accounts available to their customers. I am mostly focusing on individual steps to financial freedom therefore, I have’t touched on retail banks or corporate banking.  

I have realized that information is widely available for us out there but we don’t have the knowledge because we don’t search for information. Before I started writing about finances and financial literacy, I had this period where I did a mini research about credit cards (including talking to someone at my bank) and I gained a vast amount of knowledge. But I also realized that the reason we sometimes don’t learn about things is because the lingo may not be in our favor. Finance language is one of them. It requires having a dictionary handy to learn some of the terminologies so that you can move forward to the next piece of information (or have someone explain things to you in a layman’s language). 

I hope I won’t stop learning about finances once I am done with my school project. And as for you my readers, you can learn anything you want to. So, I urge you to make use of all the information out there - a lot is available online - educate yourself especially about things that affect your life one way or the other, be it health, finance, career, relationships, and so forth. It’s never too late to start. 

Love,
Mamatembo

No comments:

Post a Comment