Thursday, September 5, 2019

Invest in Agriculture

Image from businesstoday.in
Hey y'all,

Am I the only one who thinks financial literacy should go hand in hand with knowledge on right investments (where and how to invest). I am becoming even more interested in financial literacy and how to go about making money, right spending and investing. Gone should be the days when we live paycheck to paycheck with no savings and investments that generate backup funds.

Agriculture is one of those investments that eventually pay back and with the right market it can be a long term successful business because we highly depend on agricultural produce for a great deal of our daily intake.

I would be interested in investing into something that would work itself out as I wait to collect my profit, so I want to expand to new territories.

But the question is, what options are out there, agriculture related. Should one rent a farm? buy tractors? hire help? get farm equipment? And get into farming from scratch?

As I am new to this, and I don't know if what I have mentioned is the only option, but I would think having the option to invest in a company that, or a person who already does farming is better than having yourself - an individual that has a day job, to fully emerge into the farming process. And I say that because getting into business requires time, money and a good research. 

A person that works 8-5 would have no idea where to find the right seed to get good crops, where to find tractors for sale or better yet, the difference between a Massey Ferguson tractor and it's competitors. Don't get me wrong, all this information can be obtained through research, but where is the time? Would it be easy for someone with a 7 days 8-5 job, a family and other responsibilities to fully get into farming without losing other aspects of their lives?

I am eager to know how to go about investing in agriculture, so I will do a little research on where we can get these companies or entities to invest in in Tanzania and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment