Saturday, July 27, 2019

The Battle is Real

Image from Google

“Whoever heeds life-giving correction will be at home among the wise. Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭15:31-32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭128:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This is a note to self kinda day. As I try to reflect on my weaknesses and strengths, I try to see what areas have I been fighting from gaining understanding and what areas I have allowed to be corrected and I have gained understanding. You see, life is too short - indeed, but that saying should mean I need to get understanding and have things done the right way (now) so that my tomorrow will be painless (and not how the world chooses to interpret - life is short hence go ahead and make a mess of your spiritual walk by doing foolish things) even though this is not said in so many words but you kinda get the insinuation from the saying. 

The older I get, the more I see just how much we think we know but we really don’t.

One topic I have been hearing alot lately is not to be anxious about anything. You see, sometimes we want what we wan’t and that can mean we tend to be anxious about life because we want things to happen the way we want them to happen. As I continue to learn to TRUST in God, it also means I have to surrender and boy oh boy - who knew kususa sio kuachilia/kusalimisha?! Life is correcting me and all I can say is LORD - Have your way! 

Your way over who I am, where I have to be, what I have to do. Don’t get me wrong, don’t give up on your dream to own a mansion in Mbezi, but first ask if that’s in God’s will. And it may be in His will for you if He sees there’s nothing wring with you owning a mansion, but then His plan may be for you to get an apartment for rent in Kariakoo, or get any other type of accommodation in Kariakoo. Your duty will be to be obedient to that. But coming from a personal experience - it’s not easy to surrender it all. You have to be very obedient to agree to God’s will and plan over your life. To agree to live in an apartment when an hour drive will get you to your mansion. Then that’s when you’ll discover PRIDE has everything to do with your failure to be obedient and to fully surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment