Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Is two weeks too soon?

Image obtained from Google

Hey all,

So I was asked a question by a male friend at work a while back. He said that his friends in a group chat were discussing if two weeks is too soon for a woman to ask a man to define a relation. He asked for my opinion and being a African as I am, I replied with a question or 5. My first question was why would she ask that in two weeks? What has been happening that made her ask a guy to define a relationship in just two weeks?

I honestly don't believe a woman or man would request someone to define a relationship in two weeks time of knowing each other unless there is more to the story than what I was informed.
The responses I gave were; 1. A lady can ask a man to define a relationship if they have known each other as friends for a while and of late they have been intimate beyond what ordinary friends do, hence a lady wanting to know where they stand. I would too. Are we friends who get on with it or what? I would want to know so that I know my next move..a.k.a walk away as fast as I can and go AWOL at the response of being 'friends with benefits'. 

2. A lady would ask a man to define a relationship within two weeks if they have been intimate and she is catching feelings. If she is a one man type of woman (meaning, she does not plan to be hooking up with more than one man). She would want to know if he has any intentions to be her beau or if he's just trying the waters.

3. A lady would ask a man to define a relationship within two weeks, even if they have not been intimate, but maybe a guy is acting some type of way e.g, being very romantic, taking her out on dates, sending her romantic messages, calling her and checking up on her constantly which makes her feel loved and hence wanting to know if he is investing in a relationship or if he is buttering her up for a one night stand or friends with benefit kinda thing. I would want to know too.

I must say though, it was an interesting topic to discuss, even though we took it seriously and challenging like a Kilimanjaro climb. I don't know if this happened to a real person of if it was merely a topic guys chose to discuss for fun sake. But all in all, there is always a reason behind what people do and say even if they don't quite know it yet...it helps to get some background information before coming to a conclusion.  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any message
    boards that cover the same topics talked about here?

    I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that
    share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please
    let me know. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete