Monday, September 25, 2017

Interview with Miss Mobeads designer

MTS: Who is Maureen? Describe yourself in 10 words.
Maureen is a humble down to earth lady who enjoys her independence. I am spiritually grounded and take pride in the fact that God is in control of my life and he guides my steps. 
 
MTS: What is fashion for you?
Fashion for me, is an artistic expression of one’s personality. It is that statement that one makes through his or her clothing, accessories, makeup, hairstyle and many others.

MTS: Do you consider yourself a fashionable person?
I don’t really consider myself as a fashionable person but i would like to think i have an eye for fashion and design. I love it when people dress well and give you that AHA moment. Although am not a fashionable lady, I’m more or less like a tom-boy.

MTS: What are your favourite accessories that you can’t go out without?
I enjoy different types of accessories depending on my mood and the outfit but a watch, earrings and my rings are my must have. My mother could not stand me without earrings and so i am used to it. I feel naked without them.

MTS: Do you consider yourself as a designer?
Most definitely, although I am still a student of nature and hopefully someday i will be excellent in my designs, it has been a process but am loving it.

MTS: When did you start making handmade bead accessories?
I started making beads towards the end of 2012.





MTS: What are all the products that you design?
I used to do lots of bracelets but now am more into necklaces, anklets and waist bands. I also do napkin ring holders and book marks etc.

MTS: What made you start this creativity?
-      It surprised me as well. I did not choose art but art chose me. It was a perfect coincidence. I have a feeling it is a gift from my mum heavens above. She knew I needed it.

MTS: Do you consider this as your business or a just a hobby?
It started as a hobby, I was doing it for fun but it ended up being a business that sorted my life kidogo in a big way. Mama must be proud of her baby up there in heaven. smile

MTS: Do you have a business name for your designs?
"Miss Mobeads’’ that is my designer name. My brother Alessandro chose miss beads but then since my friend Addy had nicknamed me Momo, and so many people are used to that name, I thought I will mix the two names which gave birth to Miss Mobeads; it was a perfect infusion of the two names. It is a name that makes one wants more. Laughs.

MTS: Where do you sell your products?
 I sell most of my stuffs to friends, family and I do export to other countries occasionally. My biggest market by far was Italy. But i also sell in the USA as well as UK; I have my parents to thank for their support. They are like my marketing/sales managers.

MTS: How many customers have you had so far?
I have been lucky, I can’t complain. My MBA is a living proof of how amazing God really is, since it was a product of my beads, but what gives me satisfaction is when I see people wearing my stuff, it feels good. Wow.

MTS: Where do you see this business in 3 years?
In three years’ time, I hope I would have perfected my craft and probably having a stable market

MTS: Are you ready to face the challenges and the competition of other designers in Tanzania and outside Tanzania?
Competition is not really something that I think about because I enjoy making these beads and as long as I keep improving my products and people love them then I am good. My goal is to make products that I believe in and I love and that people will want to wear.

MTS: Where are your products available at (Dar, Mombasa)?
I am mobile, I am able to supply to whoever wants to purchase the products.

   “You are never too old to find your talent and so never give up” ……. “life can surprise you” by Maureen - Miss Mobeads.









1 comment:

  1. # Wonder Woman.
    Africa needs more of women entrepreneurs. You are the next big thing.

    ReplyDelete