Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I AM - Inspired

Image by Mwinga

A friend told me about a declaration she wrote on Facebook 7 years ago and every now and then she goes back to read it  so that she is constantly reminded of her dreams. The post is very inspiring, reading it reminded me of why I wanted to live a purposeful life on this earth with whatever talent, career and education God has blessed me with. 

When we are young, when we are not traumatized by the struggles of this world, that's when we are true dreamers and living with hope. That’s when our true, unfiltered, and God-focused selves can be seen. 

My friend’s post has inspired me to write declarations for myself  at every stage of my life to keep me on track. 

I remember when I was a teenager, I was in a car with a friend’s mom as she give me a ride home after a sleepover. The roads were clear back in the day (not like the present Dar es salaam), but in those few minutes drive to my place she asked me what I wanted to do with my life, I told her I will be a lawyer. She asked me why, I told her because I am following in my father’s footsteps and that’s what he also wants for me. She asked me other questions but because she knew I had no real world experience she opted to give me an advice instead. She told me that once I graduate with my bachelors, I should work then go back to school and get a master’s in Business Administration in order to broaden knowledge. I was grateful for the advice. Fast forward years later, after I finally had a real world experience, I decided to get a master’s degree in the area that I am passionate about, communication. Even though it’s not an MBA, what she said to me stuck. Her advice gave me wisdom and allowed me to dream again. I aspired to be educated in the area that I find meaning. With my passion for media and communication, I see how I am able to be a blessing to others in my community as well as my place of work.  

The reason I wrote this post is to remind you that, there have been times in your younger self when you wanted to do more in life than work a 9-5. Times when you wanted to be a blessing to others outside of your family. Times when you believed beyond what the world has chosen to limit you. 

Wake up and dream again. And be encouraged because every little bit of what you have will be used to bless a life or lives of those around you. Be encouraged, and continue to dream big, see beyond the limitations and reach for the stars. God wants you to be and do what He had put in your heart for you to do for the betterment of the human race and for his Kingdom. 

Be encouraged by my friend’s declaration titled I AM.

“I am a young and strong 23 year old African woman who is on a journey of discovery. I admit it has not been easy but it has been worth every breath, every fall and every rise for I have been able to ascertain attributes within me that I never thought existed.
As I am getting closer to attaining my bachelor degree in Law, all I can think about is what the hell am I going to do with this? Do not get me wrong, I have no regrets in pursuing LLB or taking this path in my life because the long yet short five year experience I have had in this cultured part of the world has been remarkable, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I have without a doubt learned a lot.
With some of us, as a consequence of education, we get this compelling force within us that we have to do so much more than just sitting in an air conditioned office, summoning others to fetch us coffee, writing down monthly reports and coming up with innovative ways to swell our bank accounts.
I, for one, would not want to become one of those people who get wrinkles before they are 30 just because they keep on doing what they hate but they just perform because of that hefty pay cheque at the end of the month. Or those who settle for something less fulfilling just because they think they can not get hold of their “dream job”.
I want to be exhilarated waking up in the morning, be driven in doing what gives me pleasure, put a smile on SOMEONE’s face by doing what I love to do and acquire contentment in the course of that, and when I lay in bed at the end of the day, I want to feel imperative in else’s and my own life. i want so much more out of life.
I might seem greedy for I want so many things. But this is life, and it is short and as long as we have the energy, liveliness, willingness, courage and the tenacity, we should always go out there and get what we want and with God’s grace, we can achieve.
I want to make a difference in our community. I am not a billionaire, I don’t have money to give around and fulfill people’s material needs. But what I have, is much more precious than gold coins. I have a lot of love within me which am willing to share with the whole world, especially those who need it the most. There is always some one out there who needs a little extra love in their lives.
To that little girl who is infected with HIV/AIDS, I will give her hope. To that young man who was abandoned when he was only 10 years old, I will be his hero. To that young girl who thinks life is not worth living because she has grown up being sexually abused by the men in her life, I will make her see a whole new world through my eyes. To that young man who was robbed off his life by drugs, I will give him a second chance. To that hardworking mother who is a victim of domestic violence, I will teach her to say Enough.” And to that beautiful girl laying on the hospital bed with ruthless cancer eating her up, having few days to live, I will lay beside her and whisper “it is going to be ok!”
I am not superwoman, I am an ordinary person who is out to do extra ordinary things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment