Monday, March 25, 2019

Friends with the Ex


Hey y'all, 

I think the  toughest yet the easiest question for most people to answer is whether they can be friends with their exes. I enjoy hearing different viewpoints on a YES or NO answer from this question. 

Personally, I just discovered that I don't have the emotional maturity that someone my age should perhaps have when it comes to dealing with relationships, the 'ex' to be exact. I often wonder if the ones that say 'let's stay friends,' have actually outgrown the love hence are capable of dealing with you as a friend, or they just want to hold on to you just in case?

I know for sure that I have managed to be friends with my exes after years have passed. Not the same year when the break up took place! No way Jose!! I need time to heal to the point where I can not desire to be with you in a relationship other than just being friends. And I mean this for relationships that ended well (infidelity was not involved), hence things like distance, lack of parental approval and mutual dying of feelings.

I do know that I can lend a helping hand to an ex in need no matter the length of a break up, but no way am I being buddies within a year of breaking up. And that's when I realized I am yet to mature when it comes to that area. And I do believe in the saying 'out of sight out of mind', if we keep texting or emailing each other, you may be out of sight but your words aren't. Even worse, if we follow each other on social media. Nothing good can come from that. I'm in no mood to see your new girl and no way in hell will I parade my new beau just to make a point. So as far as dealing with exes is concerned, I am perhaps 2 years old emotionally with a tantrum in hand! And I am okay with that.

Xoxo
Mamatembo Safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment