Sunday, September 2, 2012

GIVE ME YOUR ALL OR NOTHING AT ALL


Just my thoughts,


Oftentimes people say, "u will never get hurt when u don’t have expectation." Some people live in the principle of not expecting anything from anyone hence, this is their way of saying, if I don’t get what I expect from such and such person I will be hurt, and hence I expect nothing. But isn’t this a lie? Doesn’t this mean that even when a person does something extremely amazing to you, you will not be able to appreciate it coz you have not gotten to know them well enough to know what they are capable of and what they do beyond their normal abilities.

I don’t believe in this, because I keep expecting, I’d rather get disappointed while expecting rather than not expecting anything at all. It would be a lie to say our parents expect nothing from us, they expect us to be the best we can be, to go to school and get the best education possible, they want us to work in good offices and have good jobs and wonderful families….and most of all, they expect us to be there for them when they need us, even when they don’t need us, they expect us to be there for them either way. This is the naked truth, even though they will not say this to our face.

We have relationships and we expect something from them and they expect something from us. We all expect our partners to understand us, to know what makes us happy and what ticks us off. We also know that they expect the same from us. It will be a lie to be in a relationship and yet continue to be just WHO U HAVE ALWAYS BEEN…meaning, being single is being just you and yourself, but when you are in a relationship and yet you behave like “you are alone” then you are nothing but SELFISH.

When you are single you can sleep, eat, walk, bla bla bla, alone. But it’s not gonna be the same when you are in a relationship. Nature expects you to love that person, to show how you feel and to consider them as part of your life. (Wise people say, love like you’ve never been hurt). But if you keep keeping to yourself for your selfish reasons and using “NO EXPECTATION” as your excuse, then you are lying to yourself and you are your own worst enemy.

Even if you have been hurt before (when you expected your partner to be faithful, honest, loving, caring, etc..which he/she never was), don’t lose all that and label all your future partners as INCAPABLE of being loving, caring, honest, etc, because it’s not fair for them and yourself too.

The only advice I keep telling myself is that, if he is not being who I expect him to be then he’s not worth it. I know he will use the excuse of LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM..OR WHAT I AM..yes, I do..meaning I love ur annoyingness, boring stories, loud mouth, dramas, charm, gorgeous smile, handsomeness, beautiful mind, awesome to be with, amazing in….. THAT IS WHO OR WHAT U R….No one will change that about you, but being expected to be loving, caring, and considering me as part of your life and fitting me in ur life plans, THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE EXPECT THEIR PARTNERS/LOVERS to learn to become..doing these things does not mean that you will lose the annoyingness or the charm you already have…you are simply adding something good to who or what you already are. 

Originally written on: 10th Dec 2011
 

1 comment:

  1. All or Nothing baby! Thanks for sharing this great article!

    ReplyDelete