Monday, May 25, 2020

How Do We Perish For Lack of Knowledge?



Hey Fam,

The words we perish for lack of knowledge came to mind yesterday after something happened. I realized that we sometimes spiritualize the Bible and it’s text to the point where we don’t relate some messages to our daily life and only look at the Bible as a book only related to our salvation and the after-life but not in our day to day / daily life. 

I wanted to buy a product key for a software yesterday and my heart just kept getting heavy. I went as far as putting in my PayPal payment info and right before I clicked on making the payment, I felt like I should do one more search, so I went on google and kept searching for free software options (I found none). Then suddenly I came across a software that I already have and had paid for, and I found out that it does exactly what I wanted, hence no need to buy a new software. So you see, I may not have perished spiritually or physically but I would have suffered financially by paying for a product that does the exact same thing as another product that I already have. 

Knowledge is key. Sometimes we seek spiritual enlightenment from far and beyond when we can go to a book store, buy a Bible and get the answers we need. Answers that will save us in many areas of our lives can be found in God through prayer, and having a personal relationship with Him. Search in God what you need to know about your life, as you search on google.com what you need to know about other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment